FIX: Direct Download X 9.0
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
If you see Direct Boot Error Code x 9.0 on your computer, you need to review these suggested solutions. DirectX 9 is a production application designed to keep your target Windows computer running and display graphics files and policies. Most games and applications will need to run DirectX, at least some version of it. DirectX Search is one of the first mockups of this application.
Important! If you select a language below, the entire page will dynamically switch to that language anyway.
The Microsoft DirectX® End User Runtime installs all runtime libraries from the legacy Music DirectX SDK for certain games, specifically using D3DX9, D3DX10, D3DX11, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1.3, XACT, Managed and / or DirectX 1.1. Please note that this package, which has not been taken into account, has little or no effect on the DirectX runtime installed on your Windows operating system.
- Microsoft DirectX® is already included in Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 8, Windows standalone, Windows 10 and Windows Server equivalents. This DirectX end-user runtime does not convert the DirectX version, but it can install a number of parallel technologies offered from the legacy DirectX SDK used by some of the earlier model sets. See https://aka.ms/dxsetup for a detailed explanation.
Note. Desktop bridge applications that use D3DX9, D3DX10, D3DX11, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1. or 3, XACT must require Microsoft.DirectX.x86 / Microsoft.DirectX.x64 in order to use this legacy DirectX SDK page to deliver secondary components. Alternatively, developers can remove all dependencies. Please refer to Microsoft Docs for more information.
Supported operating system
Does Windows 10 include DirectX 9?
Windows 10 ships with the latest version of DirectX 12. My favorite game, SWTOR, and many other owners of older games use DirectX 9. I may have done this on several versions of Windows since a new game came out in 2011 – Windows 7, Windows 1. + 8.1 and now Windows 10.
Windows Server 2007, Windows XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2, Windows 7, XP Windows with Service Pack II, Windows Vista
- Click the Download button on this page to download the best free version, or select a different language from the Change Language drop-down list and click OK.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Run to start the installation immediately.
- Click Save to save the download to your computer for later installation.
- To cancel the installation of the view, click Cancel.
- Installing DirectX Redist includes many of the previous DirectX components released as of June 2010. These are D3DX and xinput, which are managed DirectX components.
- Unable to uninstall the DirectX runtime.
- This update is recommended for users who do not have an Internet connection during installation.
- If you need general version of the web configuration of the runtime package, click here.
- Beginning with the December 2006 SDK release, re-listing disallow supports Win9x.
- Since the SDK was released in June 2010, redist no longer supports Windows 2000.